The Galleries below include a collection of books and items that have shaped the mission of Wild Man Foods.
Organizations & Groups
The following groups and organizations can provide a wide range of current information on diet, health, nutrition and the paleo lifestyle
- Eatwild.com provides research-based information about “eating on the wild side.” This means choosing present-day foods that approach the nutritional content of wild plants and game—our original diet. Evidence is growing on an almost daily basis that these wholesome foods give us more of the nutrients we need to fight disease and enjoy optimum health.
- Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund to defend the rights of sustainable family farms and artisan food producers to make their products available to consumers in a manner that protects, preserves and enhances the environment and its natural resources, products that include but are not limited to meat and meat products, poultry, eggs, raw milk and raw milk products, fruits and vegetables, lacto-fermented foods and beverages, prepared foods, and bread and other baked goods directly to consumers without a license or permit.
- Weston A. Price Foundation is dedicated to restoring nutrient-dense foods to the human diet through education, research and activism.
- Eat the Weeds by Green Deane, the most watched forager in the world. This website offers an exhaustive compilation of wild plants throughout Florida and the United States. It includes identification information, nutritional data and recipes.
- Edible Plant Project (EPP): The Edible Plant Project (EPP) is a volunteer-based, 501c3 nonprofit organization working to promote edible landscaping and local food abundance in North Central Florida. The goal of the EPP is to create positive alternatives to the unsustainable food system in this country.
- The Wild Woodstead is a network for Do-It-Yourself (D.I.Y) enthusiasts in Gainesville, FL and surrounding areas. Our projects include local and sustainably harvested foods, carpentry, beekeeping, gardening, composting, adventure and eco-tours, workshops and much more. We are always seeking tomake alliances with other D.I.Y enthusiasts in our area.